Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Blueberry Smoothie!



     I love how the blueberries make this smoothie electric purple!  The color is much more vibrant and intense in real life.  The color pops, Andy Warhol-like.  This is a power drink--I should be able to fly after wards.  Though I can't defy gravity after drinking it (darn), it definitely "powers" me through the morning.  It's high in protein so it keeps me full.  Add two slices of high-fiber whole-wheat toast and I've got a complete breakfast that's also portable.  Awesome.  Enjoy!

My Blueberrie Smoothie
Makes 2 cups

Ingredients:
1 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt, vanilla flavor*
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, skim milk, or low-fat vanilla flavored soy milk
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Directions:  Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until everything is liquified.  Pour into a tall glass or insulated cup and enjoy!

*I used my homemade Greek yogurt and added 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp of vanilla to 2 1/2 cups of yogurt.

Nutrition Information per 1-cup serving:
Calories: 238.5, Fat: 0.9g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 78.3mg, Total Carbohydrates: 45.8g, Fiber: 1.3g, Sugars: 43.5g, Protein: 10.4g


2 comments: