Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Love It: Silicone Cooking Tools


     I love cooking with silicone utensils because they are easy to clean.  I own a basting brush, a whisk, a spatula, and a bundt pan and I will keep them all forever.  I hate washing dishes and cleaning a regular brush and whisk is just torture for me.  Cleaning these tools are a breeze; they only need rinsing with water then put them into the dishwasher.  If only my other dishes would clean so easily.  The bundt pan is one of my favorite finds.  Because food doesn't stick to it, removing cakes from the pan is painless! No need to oil or dust the pan with flour.   In addition, silicone is virtually indestructible.  All of the tools that I own can withstand very high temperatures.  They won't break or discolor either.  The only downside to silicone bake wear and utensils is that they aren't pretty.  I would use something else to serve food for a dinner party.
     Silicone bake wear and cooking utensils aren't as popular as they were a few years ago, but I still find them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Amazon.com.  If you have any silicone cooking tools, please write a comment!  I am very interested in reading about your favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Oh ho! I have been pondering silicone in the kitchen. This is awesome to read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beverly,
    I'm so glad my review was helpful! Yes, silicone has been a revelation for me in the kitchen! Definitely try a silicone spatula : )

    Cheers,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete