Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hamburger Helper, Quick n' Healthy. Aka "Skillet Lasagna




Click here for the recipe.


There's going to be a lot of posts tonight; I'm trying to catch up on some of the recipes I've made this month...and to save the ones I really liked without having to pack them. I hear you going, "huh?". I keep printed copies of my favorites on a magnetic clip on my fridge, for easy reference. However, I was packing up my kitchen, saw the stack and thought "I should blog about these and that way, I will always have them handy...as long as Blogger stays active." So here they are.

I am not normally a fan of lasagna...I tend to pick out the meat and eat the noodles. Weird, yes. I have also never made lasagna because it seems like a lot of work to me....first boil the noodles, then preheat the oven, then get the meat sauce ready, then layer it all up, and then bake it. It's two hours before I'm eating anything. Then I saw this recipe.

I came across this one at SparkRecipes.com. I had bookmarked on one of my many "recipes collecting sprees" while bored and online. I'm sure I'm not the only that does this. Okay, maybe I am. I do have an actual "healthy hamburger helper" recipe (Called 'Hamburger Buddy', from the Food Network site.) While I like the Food Network recipe, I like this one better. It's really just a chunky meat sauce mixed in with noodles, and kind of bound together with an egg/cheese mixture. That cottage cheese makes a big difference. I liked it so much I ate one serving (about 1 1/2 cuos)...and kept sneaking spoonfuls from the pot. I probably ate two bowlfuls before I just Couldn't. Eat. Another. Spoonful.

It's that good. I hope that you enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment