Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mexican Chicken Breast

Looking for something easy, quick, and tastes good? Okay, I know that's the point of this blog, but bear with me. How's about a recipe that uses just 4 ingredients and is ready to serve in 30 minutes? Try this one.

The Ingredients:
1) 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3) salsa
4) reduced fat sour cream

I actually made this a couple of weeks ago. It's brilliant. Start by pre-heating the oven when you get home from work. Then do your "I-just-got-home-from-work" stuff: change, grab something to drink, turn on the TV, and pet the cat. Then start on this dish. The prep takes less than five minutes. Pop it into the oven. If you are a rice eater, cook the rice. Do something else for 30 minutes...you can get in a work-out in that amount of time. I'm just sayin'. Then come back to the heavenly smells in your kitchen, pull this dish out of the oven, and serve the chicken with rice. Voila, dinner.

My Changes:
I made this a bit healthier by using lower sodium taco seasoning; you can even make your own at home; try this spice mix: Taco Seasoning.

One last note, this tastes pretty good without the reduced fat sour cream. It's a garnish and I forgot to add it half of the time anyway!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment