Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Szechwan Shrimp

Hi Gang:
The title of the post links to the recipe at the Allrecipes.com site. There's a pretty good picture of the shrimp there as well.

I found this a bit bland but I also just realized I forgot to add the green onions. I think that would actually make a big difference for this dish.

The ingredients called for are:

1) water
2) ketchup
3) soy sauce
4) cornstarch
5) honey
6) crushed red pepper
7) ground ginger
8) vegetable oil
9) green onions
10) minced garlic
11) cooked shrimp

My Changes:

1) As I read through the ingredients and the directions, I decided to use raw shrimp instead of cooked shrimp. I then made a marinade out of the remaining ingredients (sans oil) and let the shrimp marinade for about 5 minutes. I sauteed the shrimp in a touch of oil over medium heat until the shrimp were pink. If I can get shrimp cheap enough, I'll probably try this again. The shrimp for this dish were given to me by my Mom. Thanks, Mom!

2) I also added salt and pepper to taste; those two ingredients are not specified in the ingredients list.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment