Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Eats

I just got back into town, visited some friends for the Easter weekend. No cooking/shopping news in this update. Just have to say how much I LOVE the dried Mango from Costco...it's like candy. And slightly good for you too. There's a ton of sugar in there! And my friend's spaghetti sauce recipe...I'll have to beg it off of him and show it off for you all. (I almost wrote ya'll....yeah, I live in the South!). The sauce was a simple marinara style but oh, it was lovely. I couldn't get enough of it. I didn't take any pictures...I was too busy eating the pasta!

On the menu this week is an "African Beef Curry" from the "Fix it and Forget it...Light" cookbook for crockpots. (NAYY) Breakfast is frosted mini-wheats mixed with low fat cottage cheese and a glass of vanilla soymilk. On a side note, I am truly addicted to that stuff. When I was drinking the lactose free milk, a 1/2 gallon lasted me a full week. Now I'm finishing the soymilk in 4 days... I might switch to regular un-flavored soymilk to see if that slows my consumption down! Dinner this week is a Penne Pasta Primavera from Allrecipes.com. (NAYY) I will cook the curry tomorrow and hopefully I can get to the primavera on Tuesday.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment